Thursday, May 5, 2016

Am I wrong?

There is a staff who comes to ask for help from me. He is working in the city but his home is in countryside. He wishes to move to work there someday if possible. Well, he is a gentle guy with a respectful attitude. He has average knowledge and well understanding of work process but he has weakness with his appearance. His face is not as other normal people since his cheek swells to the right side and so does his mouth is not really at the right place coz of that swollen part and I don't know if this causes from any accidents or from his birth. Whatever, his appearance is not any scary to me but sympathy!

One day, the company needs the staff at his home’s location. I go and inform him first so the interview process starts. All his need is to only move there so he applies for the junior level but his qualification can hit the higher post than the junior level. I go and ask for approval from the management (they also know him) and they all agree. I, him and relevant people are so happy to get this news and feel blessed.

Back then, the approval that I get from the management is in verbal so I tell that guy to prepare for the hardcopy approval documents. Unexpected thing happens…
After he processes the form, the management sees him and put as on hold documents which indirectly mean to reject. After knowing this, I feel so anxious and seek for the reason while the result is found coz of his appearance… I’m sure that management knows him but maybe he forgets that pity man’s face or what…. His this decision put both me and the staff in a high disappointment!!!!

What can I do next? I’m not the management! The staff tells his colleague and his colleague transfers the message to me…. He is so depressed about what has happened. He doesn’t mean to get any high level than junior, he just wants to be there since his mother is very old now. He wants to be near her, takes care her fully. He is so sad…

All in all, I feel mistaken… Since the first that I feel it can be impossible but I still wanna have a try… When it is found as success, I’m in such a bliss coz I can help him. I get no any advantages from him but this is my strong willing to help people who need my help… What’s the use? It seems I’m putting him down, both his fame and emotion…
Is it really coz of me?
Is it coz of that staff’s appearance?
Or is it coz of that management’s unstable decision?

How much more would he feel broken?
YES, I feel so guilty… =[[

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm.. can't u talk with ur management over this again? whatever, if that position require more of appearance.. i've no idea.. sorry to hear so! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uhmmm yes, coz it is for frontline staff... :(

      Delete

Hay Blog! I come back to you with broken heart again...

My dear speakup zone, my dear blog, I came here with a broken heart again... and so does the broken soul...   I cross path with a very g...